Monday, May 16, 2016

Bautista Picked a Fight With The Wrong Second Baseman






Corbett for some reason already wrote a blog post defending Joey Bats, which is fine. I don't blame him for backing Bautista. But, I do take offense to the statement that Rougned Odor ,"punched like a girl".

I've had Odor on my fantasy baseball team this year and some of last year so I'll take my turn in defending him.
 
Here's the tale of the tape.

Jose Bautista                                                Rougned Odor
6' 0"                                                              5' 11"
205 lbs.                                                         195 lbs.

The measurables are closer than I thought. I have money that Bautista is actually 6' 4" and Odor looks 5' 1".

Before we actually talk about the slide and all that, lets get down to the fight.

Jump to :26 if you just want to see Odor clocking Bautista right to the face. KABOOM. Odor asked Bautista what's good, and then said nothing is good, you're about to get punched right in the face.

Bautista slid into 2nd base high to break up the double play. That slide is done by every single player. I hate it, but its baseball. It's like the guy who uses the noob tube in Call of Duty. It's in the game, so you can't get too mad at it, but you really hate the guy using it. That goes for every Cub player that uses it too by the way.

Bautista slid and jumped up pumping his chest. Odor didn't like that and let Joey Bats know. Bautista didn't know where he was once Odor landed that beautiful right hand. Jump to :34 to watch Adrian Beltre save Bautista from getting more punishment.

In ending, Poor Jose Bautista. I really enjoyed your bat flip. I really enjoy your play style. But Rougned Odor knocked you out.


No comments:

Post a Comment