Friday, May 20, 2016

The Case for Brandon Ingram



Am I campaigning for this guy to go number one? I suppose you could say that. Dug has made the case for Ben Simmons to go to the Sixers and I sort of want him to. Why do you say that as you make the case for Ingram, you may ask? Simply put, because I'm not a big fan of Ben and think it would be funny for him to go into basketball exile in Philly. However, he's not my subject, so Ben can kick rocks.

Ingram isn't going to blow your mind with his collegiate stats, but they're nothing to scoff at. He averaged an impressive 17.3 PPG, 6.8 RPG, and 2.0 APG. I know what you're thinking and no, these aren't as impressive as Ben's line of 19.2/11.8/4.8, but that doesn't really matter.


My case for Ingram is that he is the guy that is going to make your team more likely to win. Yes, Ben's stats are better, but he isn't a winner. In a weak SEC, he found a way to take a preseason top-20 team that fell to the NIT and didn't even go to it, largely due to Ben. Ingram took a team with high expectations and made them go farther than they should have, considering Marshall Plumlee was their only healthy post player that could perform basic basketball moves. Ingram is a winner and he is only going to get more skilled as he ages.

He's a long 6'9" and can shoot the ball well, defend, and has a strong mentality, unlike that Aussie who is also vying for number one. I'm going to assume Philly has done their due diligence and know what they are getting into with their selection (putting faith in Philly is idiotic. Oh well.) If they want to continue tanking like they have for the previous two seasons, then by all means draft Ben. I see Ben as a Carmello type player. Yea, he gets his numbers, but winning the title is NEVER going to happen with him. So the choice is yours Philly. You can actually try to field a competitive team or you can keep playing the lottery.

All my love,
@corbeech

No comments:

Post a Comment