Thursday, May 26, 2016

NBA Lottery: Reborn



I'm slightly ashamed to say this, but I don't have a favorite NBA team. Up until this point, I have just cheered for LeBron and whichever team he was on by default. When he took his talents to Miami, I did too. Yes, that means I'm back on the Cavs bandwagon even though I hate them for being babies the first time LeBron bailed. As a rational human being, I see the issue with being a Cleveland sports fan and plan to remedy this.

This will not be as simple as just picking a new team and supporting them, no. I'm going above and beyond for you, our reader. I will be conducting a lottery to allow fate to decide who I should support. This lottery will be slightly different than the traditional NBA Draft lottery in that it will not be fully loaded to allow a bottom feeder to win. I want fate to decide if I deserve NBA misery or fun times.

My setup will be to have a drawing out of a hat and the last man standing is my new team that I pledge my loyalty to. I will give the bottom half of each conference 2 entries and the top half 1 entry. I'm going to do some adjusting so that I don't get an amazing team or the worst teams. For this, I will eliminate the 76ers, Nets, Cavaliers, and Warriors, passing their entries on to other teams. I will keep you updated as the lottery progresses in the coming days and we'll see where this takes us. We're in this together, so let's make it a good time.

All my love,
@corbeech

1 comment:

  1. I'm very down with these rules. I as well pledge to the draft. I'll have some stipulations of my own for teams I hate it have hate for but I like your style

    ReplyDelete