Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Large Father Was Huuuuuuge!



I'm not going to sugarcoat this one. I don't care for David Ortiz aka Big Papi. I hate the DH and think it deprives us of the beauty of having a pitcher hit. So a guy who is solely a DH is sort of no fun in my opinion. Today gave me another outlook on it. Seeing this roughly 275 pound man (his online bio says 230 hahahahaha) hustle out a triple in a do or die situation has softened up this grinch's heart.

This will likely be a short lived event, but watching this large man run like Usain Bolt in the 100s have me happiness I never knew. Don't get it twisted, I want to see pitchers hitting bombs over an actual hitter, but today was fun. He consistently came up clutch for his boys and that was the difference in winning and taking the dreaded L. The next step for him is to learn how to field. Tall order, I know. But anything is possible. If Bartolo Colon can hit a moonshot that will inspire the world, Ortiz can handle playing the field and looking semi-competent, right? Time will tell.



All my love, @corbeech

No comments:

Post a Comment