Friday, May 13, 2016

From the Desk of Taco

   Hello sports fans. It's Taco. Yes, I know I'm not a regular writer for this blog and I'm well aware that I am no Smith, but here we are.

   Sports.. *sigh* To be perfectly honest I am no aficionado to the extent of my counterparts on this blog, but I enjoy a good sportsball match like the rest of 'em! My fan-hood is rather narrow. University of Tennessee athletics and Boston Red Sox baseball. I enjoy a good Houston Texans football game on occasion but other than that I'm merely a casual sports observer.

 
    On a more personal note, I am a United States Sailor (hints why I am not a regular contributor) and a pretty big nerd. My Xbox (first sign) has every Star Wars film on it and too many games to mention. My laptop is constantly running anime or Youtube videos of people playing video games or suggesting anime... (I know, I know) When I manage to break away from that, however, I sport America's colors! Like today for example, I wore U.S. Navy camo all morning and my Big Papi shirt at night. I'll let you decide which is more red-blooded.

   Enough about me. Let's get to brass tax. The Boston Red Sox are making a shot at some history here. Earlier this week they scored 13 or more in three straight games (a first in Red Sox history) to add to their 56 runs over the last five straight wins. That's honestly outstanding for the team that has finished dead last in the AL East two years in a row. As I am writing this, they happen to be trailing the Houston Astros 7-6, but when you think about it that's 6 more runs! I can't even be mad! With this being said, I know it's early, but keep your eyes on my Sox this season. This season is giving me the same feeling I got in 2013 and we all know what happened back then.

Keep on keepin' on,
Taco

No comments:

Post a Comment